In addition to our already robust infection control systems, we're following enhanced guidelines and recommendations established by the CDC, American Dental Association and New York State. These include, but aren't limited to:
1. Prior to appointments, patients will be receiving a COVID-19 questionnaire via text that can be easily completed on a smartphone in about a minute. We will be doing temperature screening of individuals entering the office and we ask all who enter to use our hand sanitizer upon entry.
2. Limited operating capacity of the office to under 50%: This means less people in the office at one time. We are also only allowing 1 guardian per child and they must wear a mask.
3. Longer, and staggered appointment times: This helps us maintain social distancing and allows us even more time for infection control and facility disinfection.
4. Daily screening of team members: Questionnaires and testing of our team to help ensure that our patients are being cared for by healthy providers and staff.
5. Eliminating items that aren't easily cleaned: Sadly, our beloved treasure chest is no longer. Kids will still get an amazing goodie bag that is pre-prepared in a hygienic manner! Our noteworthy magazine and video game selection will also be suspended until further notice.
6. Six stage air purification including HEPA, UV, Carbon filter, Negative Ion, Adjustable Ozone, and Photo-Catalytic: Our goal is to make our air as clean as possible for our patients and our team!
7. Procedural appropriate personal protective equipment: Our team has access to all levels of PPE that will be used in accordance to the recent enhanced guidelines and recommendations.
If you have any specific concerns or questions about our system post COVID-19 please ask. We're happy to discuss all that we're doing and want you to know that our childrens' safety is our primary concern.
We look forward to seeing your smiles again soon!